By paying the membership fee, you enable the activity of AFinLA: the events, the publication series and the research networks all exist thanks to our members. Membership in the association is therefore a statement, for example, on behalf of the continuation of Finnish scientific publications. For example, the current transition to open access publishing is made possible through membership fees.
Membership fees paid to research associations and organisations are tax-deductible in Finland.
- The members’ newsletters (NB. From 2015 onwards, AFinLA will communicate with its members electronically. If you want to receive the membership newsletter, please send your email address to ).
- Access to the members mailing list (join list by sending email to )
- Participation in research network activities
- The opportunity to give a presentation at the AFinLA Autumn Symposium
- A discount on the participation fee in the AFinLA Autumn Symposium and several other international conferences and seminars held by AILA and its partner organisations
- The annual AILA Review (open access)
- A discount on the printed and the electronic books ordered from the Multilingual Matters website (for the discount code, please contact us at )
- AILA App -application that provides access to special offers for members (register the app at https://aila-net.app)
Join AFinLA now!
- You can join AFinLA by paying the membership fee to the association’s bank account IBAN: FI54 8000 1001 6875 58, BIC: DABAFIHH
- Membership fees: full membership fee 29 €, reduced membership fee (undergraduate and postgraduate students and retired members) 19 €, institutional membership 56 €.
- When paying the membership fee, write your name, address and email address in the message field. That way your information will be recorded in the membership register.